Over the last 3 years, Valley Ultimate has run a highly successful U20 league throughout June and early July that has served 60+ girls and boys from our area. This summer we will continue to offer this youth playing opportunity.
In addition, Valley Ultimate will be sending two teams, a U20 girls team and a U20 boys team, to compete nationally at the Youth Club Championships in Blaine, Minnesota this August 5th through 7th!
YCC Commitment Level
- Valley Ultimate’s YCC players must register for our U20 Summer League and will be expected to attend all league sessions. Our YCC teams will use league sessions as team practice time with their teammates and coaches. Some league sessions will integrate YCC players with other league participants.
- Valley Ultimate YCC players must attend a Practice Weekend and/or a Tune Up Tournament in preparation for the YCC Tournament in Blaine, Minnesota this August.
Note: Tryouts and all league events will take place at the Oxbow Marina in Northampton, MA.
- YCC registration opens: May 3 –> Sign up right here!
- U20 Summer Youth League dates: 6/7, 6/9, 6/13, 6/16, 6/20, 6/23, 6/30, 7/7
- All Sumer League sessions will run from 5-7pm
- GIRLS Tryouts: June 7, 5-7pm at the Oxbow Marina fields
- BOYS Tryouts: June 10-11
- YCC rosters announced: June 14
- Practice Weekend 1: TBD [Early July]
- Potential Tune Up Tournaments: Boston Invite (likely June 24-25), Ow My Knee (likely July 8-9)
- YCC Player fees due: July 1
- Flights purchased: July 1
- Practice Weekend 2: TBD [Late July]
- 2017 YCCs: August 5-7 Blaine, Minnesota
- We will fly out on August 4th and fly back on August 7th.
- All players must not turn 20 or older during 2017.
- All players must participate in the 2017 Valley Ultimate U20 Summer Youth League
- All players must be USA Ultimate members. [Paid players due, signed online waiver]
- Players must submit a completed medical authorization form by their first league event.
- All players must abide by all USAU eligibility rules.
- Certain exceptions to the above rules may be granted on a case by case basis. Contact Joe Costello for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The player fee is $410. This covers tournament fees, jerseys, housing, vans, coaches, VU summer league registration, and many other miscellaneous costs associated with bringing 40+ players to MN. Players are also responsible for the cost of their flight to the event. The cost of flights range from ~$300 to ~$500. If you’d like to apply for financial aid, please contact Josh Seamon at email@example.com.
The payment for participating on a VU YCC team is not yet due. Team members will be notified in mid-June about how to make the player payment.
Would you like to help out with the Valley Ultimate YCC program?
We are looking for volunteers and organizers to help with a range of tasks. If you’re interested in helping out, please fill out this form.
For more information regarding the Valley Ultimate YCC program, please contact Joe Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org.